Choice of Tan, Blue or Silver
Discover Your Inner Sound
ADL – Alpha Design Labs – creates innovative, smart-looking components with scintillating sound for computer-based systems as well as personal and portable electronics. Tokyo-based ADL by FurutechTM aims high using the best materials and innovative design for an expanding line of Japanese designed precision products that include the superb sounding and superbly comfortable H128 Headphones.
It’s All in Your Head…
The ADL H128 is balanced in a completely audiophile way. Rich tonal colors and textures with intimate and close harmonic interplay, a sense of space and quiet backgrounds are the key. With these our latest breakthrough headphones we decided to take the performance of our now classic H118 headphones one step further. We wanted to retain the H118’s smooth, well-balanced sound that has captivated so many headphone enthusiasts, but we also wanted to improve dynamics and recreate the same “punch” that you hear during live performances—a lofty goal for a pair of headphones. With the new H128, we’ve succeeded at reaching that goal. At ADL we determined that the best way to accomplish this was to design and develop a completely new driver from scratch with the help of our engineers at Furutech and sound tune the headphones with input from a team of renowned Japanese audio commentators.
Alpha Triform Contour EarcupsTM
The H128 features Triform Earcups which are specially designed for a superior seal over your ears improving bass response over other designs. The Triform Contour also reduces internal standing waves and reflections for reduced distortion. The H128 headband flare, a sturdy vibration damping aluminum band covered with soft leatherette, make the H128 Headphones supremely comfortable, and for maximum comfort and minimal listener fatigue soft leatherette ear pads. To the designers at ADL, that’s one of the main differences between a good pair of cans and a great pair of cans—the ability to make you, the listener, forget you’re wearing headphones at all.
The H128 are dynamic closed-back circumaural headphones with tailor-made diaphragms that offer both high noise attenuation and low distortion. You’ll also find 40mm extra-large high flux Alpha-Cryo treated magnets, rhodium-plated mini XLR sockets and extremely light weight coils of special copper–coated aluminum alloy wire in both models. All of the internal wiring in the H128 headphones is sourced from Furutech, and high-quality PEEK trembler film was chosen, after exhaustive testing, for its extraordinary performance. We’ve also added the Furutech Alpha-OCC headphone cord terminated with Furutech rhodium plated connectors, which includes the Furutech 3.5mm to 6.3mm headphone plug adaptor.
- Dynamic closed-back circumaural headphones
- Furutech designed high noise attenuation and low distortion tailor-made diaphragms
- 40mm extra-large high-flux α (Alpha) Cryo-treated magnet
- High quality PEEK trembler film
- Ring between voice-coil and diaphragm keeps ultra-high-frequencies in phase
- Sturdy vibration damping aluminum headband
- Excellent transient response from extremely light-weight coils of copper-coated special aluminum alloy wire
- Furutech nonmagnetic rhodium-plated α (Alpha) cryo-treated mini-XLR socket
- Included in package:
3.0 meter Headphone Cable & F63(G) Gold-plated 1/8” (3.5mm) to 1/4” (6.3mm) adapter
1.3 meter iHP-35X high performance Alpha-OCC headphone cable terminated with Furutech mini XLR and FT-735 3.5mm stereo connector
- Acoustic Design: Dynamic closed-back
- Driver: 40mm diameter special high-flux magnet
- Sensitivity : 98dB SPL (1mW) at 1 KHz
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20kHz
- Input Power: 200mW (Max.)
- Rated Impedance: 68 ohm @ 1KHz
- Ear pad: Leatherette
- Head Band Pressure: 4.5 N Approx.
- Connector: Nonmagnetic rhodium-plated stereo α (Alpha) mini-XLR socket
- Weight: 280g (9.84oz) Approx. (without cable) 320g (11.2oz) Approx. (with cable)