ADL A1 Headphone Amplifier for Android Device with USB DAC
Some digital enthusiasts require small, portable DACs and headphone amps because they’re always on the move from location to location. Others need flexibility with their digital gear, especially the ability to insert a headphone amp into virtually any system and achieve impressive sonic performance. The new ADL A1 headphone amplifier/ DAC is designed for both of these digital enthusiasts—even if they’re the same person!
The new ADL A1 is a high-resolution portable headphone amplifier and DAC that can be used with Android devices such as ADL’s own X1 and iDevices. The A1 is also DSD-capable when used with either Mac or PC. The high-resolution sound that can be achieved through the A1 makes it perfect for portable audio enthusiasts who use the highest quality headphones to delve deeply into a recording. It’s also ideal for those who want to run DSD 2X on either a laptop or a desktop.
While the ADL A1 is certainly small enough to be portable and convenient, it’s also loaded with innovative features such as:
• USB Mini-B socket for USB A output from a PC/Mac for music and to charge the battery
• USB A socket for Android music devices via OTG cable
• Optical and line out that combines a 3.5mm phone jack for line out with a mini-jack for optical output
• Additional 3.5mm jack for headphone output
• USB 2.0 high-speed compliance with DSD (2.8M and 5.6M data both supported), with the ability to sample 8, 16, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz sampling rates, indicated by LEDs on the front panel
• Switchable between USB-A, USB-mini B and optical inputs
The portable audio enthusiast will also appreciate the A1’s long battery life. While the battery in the A1 lasts approximately 7.5 hours after a full charge, it can be completely recharged in around 5 to 5.5 hours. That provides an exceptional amount of flexibility for playback while on the go. Down time and scheduling concerns will be minimized.
The ADL A1 is a truly versatile portable headphone amplifier and DAC. It’s flexible enough to be used in a countless number of applications, it’s small enough to fit just about anywhere and the sound quality is extraordinary. You’ll appreciate the signature Furutech sound in every component offered by ADL—smooth yet detailed and focused. The ADL A1 is clearly an example of innovative Japanese design at the cutting edge of technology. Are you ready for it?
- High-performance CIRRUS LOGIC CS4392K 24bit/192kHz DAC chip (accepts PCM data and DSD audio data )
- Controller supports ASIO and Asynchronous mode
- VIA VT1736 32bit/192kHz USB chip ,USB 2.0 High Speed compliant accepts DSD 2.8M or 5.6M signal & 44.1 /48 /88.2 /96 /176.4 /192 kHz sampling rates supported
- TEXAS INSTRUMENTS TPA6130A2 Headphone Amplifier chip -TPA6130A2 high fidelity Stereo Headphone Amplifier with an SNR of 98 dB
- OP AMP: TI- LME49726 High Current, Low Distortion, Rail-to-Rail Output Audio Operational Amplifier
- Max Headphone Output Levels (at 1%THD 1KHz) : 70mW(12 ohm), 80mW(16 ohm), 65mW(32 ohm), 38mW(56 ohm), 9mW(300 ohm)
- Charge Time: approximately 7 hours approx. (DC 5V, 0.5A USB bus power)
- Charge Time: approximately 5~5.5 hours approx.(AC/DC 5V, 1.0-2.0A switching adaptor)
- Music Playback Time: Up to 7.5 hours when fully charged
- Size: 68(W) x 118(D) x 16.5(H)mm
- Weight: 150g approx.
- Recommended PC requirement for DSD playback: CPU duo core 2.0G or above; RAM 2GB or above
* Please check if the ADL A1 ASIO icon is on the desktop screen to confirm successful installation.
* Please also adjust the ASIO Buffer Size to maximum to ensure smooth playback.
- A1 supports 16bit/176kHz, but does not support 24bit/176kHz
- A1 does not support digital signal from iDevices
- A1 does not support HTC Android 4.3
- A1 does not support SPDIF out from DSD playback
- At low A1 battery charge the Android signal may disconnect
- Adjust the Foobar output function Buffer length to 1030ms to ensure smooth playback.